Well, the re-release was fun but now let’s get back to work. Time to work on some new features and bug fixes.
The latest version 220.127.116.11, has new features that, hopefully, add more usability rather than headaches!
The most notable changes from the previous version are:
The option to choose a light or dark theme for ADW’s components.
A new way to choose Drawer and Desktop transitions.
A pin to unlock the Desktop and optionally a pin to secure apps from Launching.
Additional folder preview styles and a new Category management system.
And much more. See the changelog for the complete changes!
There are also some changes under the hood in the way themes are handled.
If you are a theme maker, head over to the ADW Theme Guide to see these changes.
And now for some screenshots that show case the new additions:
Gallery not found. Please check your settings.
Finally, thank you for the feedback and logs, keep them coming so we can squash all the bugs, add new features or simply let us know how we are doing.
Also make sure to check out the Tutorials section to see a step by step guide on the new features introduced in ADW 18.104.22.168!
Latest Changes 22.214.171.124:
- New App Groups manager to add/remove/rename/reorder Application Groups
- New option to change the overall style (Light/Dark).
- More visual list of transition effects/Drawer styles.
- New way to configure a custom list for random desktop transitions.
- 4 different icon backgrounds when folder previews are enabled.
- 2 New orientation settings (portrait sensor/landscape sensor).
- New ADWSettings layout for 7″ devices (Android 3.x+)
- New Security settings to password-protect desktop/apps.
- The ADW Config dialog can be assigned to gestures.
- New LauncherActions to scroll through the screens (next/previous).
- Changed LauncherActions, shortcuts and apps selection screens.
- New themable elements.
- Fixed wallpaper glitch when rotating the decive on some android versions.
- Fixed direct dial icons not working on some *Samsung* devices…
- Fixed some themes issues on android 4.1+
- Some more reported errors fixed.