After a lot of development time and several months in beta phase, listening and implementing the suggestions of the ADW community, we think we have a good product and it’s time to launch it and start iterating, improving what you want to have improved and adding what you want to be added.
We know that many of you may not feel comfortable at first with the innumerable changes in features and interface, but we think they are necessary to have a modern launcher with the latest news from the latest Android versions and Design guidelines. We truly hope you like it 😉
And remember ¡¡¡For a limited time, to celebrate the new year and the public release of ADW Launcher 2, you can unlock the premium features 45% off!!!
Here you have a list of the most important features:
- Support for Android 7.1 launcher shortcuts (limited support on older versions down to 5.x)
- Options to customize shortcut indicator
- Set differents icon scale to overall, desktop, dock.
- New way to manage screens. Hold down an empty area of the desktop.
- New way to add widgets and shortcuts.
- New way to change the wallpaper, lock/unlock the desktop or access settings. Hold down an empty area of the desktop and choose the option.
- Added new icons effects section. You can choose image filters and compositions. Awesome!!!
- Dynamic UI coloring using wallpaper colors.
- Added fast scroll app drawer style.
- Added indexed fast scroll app drawer style.
- Added some desktop transitions.
- Added new section to configure icon badges.
- Added a visual mode to configure desktop, icon appearance, folder appearance, and app drawer options.
- Added option to change the top panel/widget.
- Added option to change the content type of bottom panel (dock/widget).
- Added new wrap folder mode to folders. This mode lets you launch the first app in the folder on tap, and show the folder contents on swipe up.
- Added new fast application search in app drawer.
- Improved app categories in app drawer.
- Improved way to manage user gestures.
- Improved way to apply internal and external themes.
- Improved context menu for all desktop objects. When you drop an object on the desktop, tap on the edit icon for show the context menu.
- Added new Custom Widget object. You can add new custom widgets from widget list, import them from friends and other developers, create, edit and share your own.
- Added some initial extensions for the custom widgets (time/battery)
- Check out ADWExtensions pack for more extensions (weather, gmail, etc).
- Added template manager. Remove, add and share templates easily.
- Improved icon properties dialog.
- Improved folder properties dialog.
- Added backup manager in advanced settings/system. Now you can import data from Action Launcher 3, Nova Launcher, Google Now Launcher, Apex Launcher, etc..
- Added the possibility to set a secondary action to desktop shortcuts. Swipe up over the desktop shortcut to execute the secondary action.
- Probably 2 or 200 things I’m forgetting…
- A bunch of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff inside!